Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sour Cream Enchiladas

These are my favorite enchiladas.  I do so many different things to them that they always seem like a new dish.  The original recipe was from my friend Julie.

Recipe:

Sour Cream Enchiladas

Cook diced chicken breast (I usually use 2 or 3 breast halves) with garlic and onions (if desired.) Or just season with your favorite dry rub.

Mix together:
2 cans cream o soup (I use cream of chicken)
1 pt. sour cream
1 sm can green chilies
1 cup grated cheese (at least)


Add chicken to sauce
 and fill corn or flour tortillas.
  Roll tortillas like a burrito or layer like lasagna for casserole. 
Place in pan and top with any remaining sauce and extra cheese.
  Bake at 350° about 40 minutes or until bubbly.
  Makes about 10 enchiladas


I like to add some petite diced tomatoes to the sauce.  I also like to add half a bottle of Chile Verde sauce.  Usually I leave out anything "verde" because hubby prefers it without.


We always use the uncooked flour tortillas from Costco. 
 Once you've had them, you'll never go back to the supermarket bagged ones.


There is no picture of the finished product, because we ate them too fast.  They do save well in the fridge for a few days and make great leftovers for lunch or dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment