Thursday, February 4, 2010

February's First Menu

Here goes:

Thursday: Santa Fe Salad with Cilantro Ranch dressing
Friday: Butter Chicken (Chicken Makhani) with homemade Naan bread
Saturday: Biscuits and Country Gravy w/ Sausage
Sunday: Slow cooked bbq chicken wings, butter rolls and potato salad
Monday: Fajitas with steak strips
Tuesday: Baked sweet potatoes
Wednesday: Spaghetti w/ meatballs

Already made the Salad.  Tasty!  Next time I'll make more dressing.  It would have gone well with lots of things.  1/2 c. ranch dressing, 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro, 1 tsp. mild taco sauce (from Taco bell.) Salad was just romaine hearts from a bag, roasted corn niblets and black beans, grilled chicken - chopped, cheese, diced tomatoes, crushed tortilla chips.

Going to start tomorrows dinner tonight by marinating the cubed chicken in tomato based butter sauce, with spices, and plain yogurt overnight.

Should be a tasty week.

Goal: make these favorite dishes a little healthier.  Less butter, lower fat ingredients, etc.  Gotta keep my arterial walls in mind.


Last week went well.  Made most dishes as planned, although the order was mixed up a few days because I didn't go shopping when I thought I would.  Didn't get around to soaking my own beans for chili.  Next time I really want to try that.  Plus using my own dry beans would save a lot of money over buying all the different types of beans in a can.  I think I'll buy the varieties I like in my chili, and put together bags of the different combined beans to just dump and go on chili nights.  Crock pot usage would save time and several pots.  We'll see.


See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment