Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday Menu

Thursday - Chicken & Dumpling Soup (trying this new recipe)
Friday - Hawaiian Haystacks
Saturday - Manicotti
Sunday - BBQ Pork Roast on buns
Monday - Restaurant style taco salad w/ shredded pork
Tuesday - Hamburgers
Wednesday - Pizza

Here's how it all goes together - a whole chicken is $.99/lb at Costco.  I'll buy the two pack and freeze one for later.  I'll crock-pot the other one tomorrow morning so it's ready for soup in the evening.  The rest of the soup takes about 10 minutes to toss together and the roasted chicken tastes a lot better than just a quick few pieces of grilled chicken breast.  I'll use the extra chicken for the hawaiian haystacks on Friday, and just toss it back in the crock pot with a can of cream of chicken soup for a few hours to make the gravy.  Saturday's Manicotti is just a fun one to make with the kids.  They love squirting the filling into the shells.  I will be buying buns for Sunday's pork roast, but we'll only use four.  So the other buns will go for the hamburgers on Tuesday.  That way we'll finish a whole package of buns.  We'll use the extra pork for the meal on Monday.  Tuesday's burgers are fast, perfect for our arrival home at 6pm after gymnastics.  Wednesday pizza is super easy.  Dough made in the am, brought out of the fridge at 3:30, ready to cook by 5:00pm. Voila!

Now if only I can stick to it.

I want to report back here every night and detail how it worked out so I know what to do better or what to keep for next time.

Also, since this blog is about validating me, you should know that I'm working with a broken toe, which I'm blaming on my husband.  I also made two couch pillows last week, including the button holes which my machine does like magic (it just took me several hours to figure out how.)  Plus, I actually finished my Monday chores by Tuesday night.  Seven loads of laundry washed, folded, and put away.  I'm a rock star.

No comments:

Post a Comment