Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ah Fudge! - Even I can't mess this one up

So my favorite recipe website, All Recipes, had this recipe on their front page yesterday. It's from Eagle Brand and because it looked so easy, I decided to try it.

Lil' Chefs helped and it was Soooooo easy! Plus, it tasted really good and gets me started off well on my holiday 5-15 lb. tradition.


Cookies 'n' Creme Fudge:

18 oz. white chocolate peices, or baking squares
1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 cups coarsely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
1/8 tsp. salt

1. In heavy saucepan, melt chocolate, milk, and salt over low heat
2. Stir in crushed cookies
3. Pour into wax paper lined pan (9x13 or 8x8)
4. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Turn on to cutting board and remove paper. Cut into 1 inch squares. Store covered in fridge.

By - Eagle Brand


Questions to experiment with:
1. Would this work as well with milk chocolate?
2. How much can I make before my family and I are sick of it?
3. What other fillings would go well here?

What I learned was that making impressive desserts doesn't have to be hard. Lil' Chef actually did most of the stirring, and that was the hardest part. Lil' other Chef did more of the cookie smashing, which is more in line with her personality. Lil'st chef kept watch from his perch in the Bjorn.

I think next time I will try using some kind of jam or fruit. Maybe raspberries or cranberries in the holiday spirit. That would be pretty. The cookies I used were the Christmas ones (which are out a little early this year, if anybody cares what I think.) so they had red filling. The whole fudge ended up being pink which delighted Lil' chef's to no end.

Now I have something super easy and quick to give to friends for the Holiday's and they'll be impressed with my craftiness and holiday spirit. Maybe they'll all want to be just like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment