Monday, November 16, 2009

A Lotta Lasagna

Tomorrow I'm taking a lasagna to a potluck, so tonight I made two large pans.  I had half a box of regular noodles and half a box of no-boil noodles.

I ate the no-boil version because I was worried the noodles wouldn't be cooked through (like last time) and didn't want to put my name on that one at church.

The noodles were cooked, but I have to say, the no-boil noodles are sometimes like eating rubbery paper.  I won't be buying them again.  Great in a pinch, but just don't make a fantastic dish.

The sauce was good, but basic.  Ground beef, seasoned with Italian Seasoning (I should find out what's in that), onion powder because Hubby doesn't think he likes onions and doesn't know I use it - he compliments the flavor every time I put it in, and some garlic salt.

So, another success.

What I learned:
1. I'm not a huge fan of no-boil noodles.
2.  It takes a lot of sauce to make a lasagna.
3.  I can stretch the cheese mix if I have to and it's fine.

I'm going to bed now and the dishes aren't done.  I'll wake up to the lovely smell of uncooked cheese mixture and pasta sauce.  At least everything made it as far as the sink.  Tonight I remembered to turn on the dishwasher with yesterdays dishes.  Also I cleaned under the oven and fridge today.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd known you made one, I would've loved to have tried it. You've been making food for someone else just about every single day counting baby showers! You are so nice!

    ReplyDelete